Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jaguh Kampung,Business Outside Malaysian Shores.

I tried very hard to prove that I able to carry my company flag across ASEAN region. Today I had serious meeting with soon to be my partner in Phillippine. I'll JV with my Filipino partner to open one Electrical service company in Manila. We are focusing more on High Voltage services know how. Hire one or two Engineer to do marketing... marketing..

In Indonesia, I 've team up with my good friend for the same business since last year. This partnership is very fruitful.Lot of enquiries and orders.

Hopefully by next year, I would say, 50% of my company revenue will come from this 2 country.

As I live with a lot of "quote", I remember Confucius said “Choose a job that you love and you will never have to work a day in your life”. I try to be very hands-on but at the same time I delegate some of my work to my Managers.. Unfortunately, my good friend/manager just left Anpec. He want to be Freelance.. So let it be. I have to admit no one is interested in my success except myself. Its my money and company so I have to ensure my own success. I'm my own best asset and the master of my own destiny, to make my own future. I have a choice to either work hard, remain committed, diligent, determined and disciplined or just buy a lottery ticket and hope to get rich overnight which I don't believe to win at all..

To my friend out there, Malays particularly I say this to you – do not be afraid of competition. We are used to competing – we have other races to measure against, so there is no reason why we can’t succeed. Don’t believe in handouts, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Handouts do not test you and when faced with adversity, the price of that handout is failure.

I have faith in myself and faith in God. I pray He will not let me down. I really pray when I've achieved material successes, I still live simply and shun extravagance and arrogance. I do not want to lose all that I have achieved because I'm resting on my laurels.I really pray to be humble and reach out to those less fortunate than me.

Again, all this remind me to the book of Nobel prize winner from Bangladesh Muhammad Yunus and my dream to be involved in social business. So, today I say to myself -Be brave to leave your ‘kampung’ and go anywhere in the world to claim your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment